Monday, March 17, 2008

Namaste All,
So there are those who might say driving a motorcycle is too dangerous wherever you are. There are others who would say driving anything at all in India is maddness. Me, I say no time like the present. Before renting my little Bajaj 100cc I'd never been on a motorcycle before in my life, and I was pretty nervous about driving it in general. But after a few days of stalling and jerking on starts, I've got the hang of it and I love it. Honestly, there is something about the lawlessness of the Indian traffic that makes it simple and elegant to just weave through a path of least resistance. There aren't really "lanes", sounding your horn is a matter of polite necessity, and no one stops at intersections rather they just go through and dodge eachother. The main rule of the road is "Might makes right", so if it's a bus or lorry coming into your lane, you better get out of the way. I've made some excursions out to the country, and the freedom I feel cruising with warm winds in a foreign land is something spectacular I wish I could share with you all. I'm definately thinking well of everyone back in Oregon, and missing the mighty Cascade ridgeline, but with respect I think I'll stay here for now =)
Much love and peace to you all,
Ethan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You could be Van Damme in that photo! If I didn't know you I would think that you were about to single handedly invade the beautiful building behind you!

Steve